2017 Food and Wine Conference
SmartPhone Video Contest
Create a 1-3 minute video using only your smartphone and become eligible to win
Step 1: Review the contest rules
Step 2: Create your video – Have fun! Be creative!
- Be at least 60 seconds and no longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Must be shot entirely using a smartphone.
- Show minimum of 2 FWC sponsors.
- Highlight the 2017 FWC events, sponsors, participants, speakers and/or culinary moments.
- Videos are limited only by your imagination
- Videos can be in any style (e.g., testimonial, interview, comedy, drama, documentary, animated, still art, or live action).
- Videos previously exhibited as part of a promotion or contest of any kind will not be accepted.
Videos must NOT contain:
- Material that violates, or infringes on, another’s rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity, and intellectual property.
- A focus on brand names or trademarks (other than the Food and Wine conference and its sponsors).
- Copyrighted material (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs) without necessary authorizations.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations where the video is created.
The FWC panel will evaluate videos based on the following factors:
- Message and appropriateness to theme
- Creativity and originality
- Overall presentation
RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS:
In consideration of entrant’s submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the FWC a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval or additional compensation. Each entrant grants FWC the right, but not the obligation, to use the story, characters, and any other information presented in the entry, including the name and likeness of entrant and any persons appearing in the entry, in a commercial or other advertising and publicity for Sponsor.
Videos should be posted to the Food Wine Conference Attendees Facebook group